Sunday, June 18, 2006

Almost Home

It's been a pretty exhausting week, but I'm almost home. It's funny, when I was younger, I would enjoy spending weeks "on the road" traveling from place to place. But, now, more and more I find myself longing to be back home. Even if that does mean one more week of Latin!!

I spent the last couple of days, after our big Jesuit pow-wow, with my brother, his wife and my twin niece and nephew. They're two. Incredibly cute, of course. Talking up a storm. Short on attention span. Changing their mind constantly. So, a lot of fun, but also requiring a lot of energy. My brother and I took them to the "duck park" this morning. Fed the ducks. Slid on the slides. Swung on the sings. Etc . . .

This was just a short visit, because I have to get back for Latin, but I'll see them again later in the summer.

But now I'm sitting in the airport in San Francisco, waiting for my flight. Trying to settle down from the busyness of the week. Our meeting was truly inspiring. I'm excited about our hopes for the future as Jesuits in the United States. Just looking around at the 250 or so talented young men with whom I spent most of my week, I could see what great potential we have to serve the people of God and bring the message of Christ! And seeing men I had lived with and been in studies with there who had just been ordained last weekend, I was reminded that it's not too far away for me . . . exciting, and a bit scary. Ordination, God willing, is now less than two years away.

If all goes well, I'll be sleeping on the plane tonight and waking up tomorrow morning . . . at home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Yeah, Nine!

Congratulations Stephen! I look forward to meeting you in my next visit to Grand Coteau!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, I was in the airport in San Francisco also last evening waiting for an overnight flight home! I wonder if we passed each other ...

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus