Saturday, September 03, 2005

Do You Know What it Means to Lose New Orleans?



Anne Rice's tribute to New Orleans in the New York Times:

By ANNE RICE
Published: September 4, 2005

La Jolla, Calif.

WHAT do people really know about New Orleans?

Do they take away with them an awareness that it has always been not only a great white metropolis but also a great black city, a city where African-Americans have come together again and again to form the strongest African-American culture in the land?

Read the Rest

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
Thanks for the link. I've been so distraught this past week, praying for all in the Big Easy through the intercession of Our Lady of Prompt Succor. Aaron Pidel kept me posted on the whereabouts of Hermes et alia and it seems that most of the Jesuits survived quite well. Deo Gratias. I recently picked up Brideshead Revisted again and it reminds me of my idyllic days teaching in New Orleans. I'll keep praying that, God willing, she'll return to her earlier vigor and that her inhabitants will see the love of Christ in those who are coming to serve them. Take care and have a good year. Drop a prayer for me as I begin at my law firm on Tuesday.

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm ok and in Thibodaux with my parents!!! Thanks for the prayers!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Jenica,

Thanks for the update! That was a pretty brief start to your teaching career, wasn't it! Drop me an e-mail and let me know what you're up to out there in Thibodaux.

Peace,

Mark

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus