Sunday, August 28, 2005

Please Pray for New Orleans

I'm breaking silence briefly to ask your prayers for the people of New Orleans, my home until just recently. It looks like Hurricane Katrina could be the worst ever to hit New Orleans. Thank God, most of my brother Jesuits and Loyola's students have been able to evacuate. But there are many poor, as well as trapped tourists, with no place to go, and lots of water coming!

Please remember them all in your prayers!

I'll be praying with you.

Thanks,

Mark

5 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

I am praying for New Orleans, as well as for the people all along the Gulf Coast. New Orleans is one of my favorite cities on the planet, and I love the people.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Jason Brauninger said...

Mark,

You are in my prayers. Good luck and God be with you on your retreat. Peace In Christ, Jason Brauninger.

P.S. Things here in GC are going well. We just finished up first probation.

2:13 PM  
Blogger DP said...

Am and will continue to do so.

There are no words for what is happening on the Gulf Coast.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Peter Nixon said...

Mark,

Our prayers are with you. The JSTB sent out a report from one of your brother Jesuits. At the time it was written, there still seemed to be people at Jesuit High School. We will pray that they are rescued soon.

Peter

12:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mark,

Hope things are okay. I was hoping you might have news from the NO Jesuits. I am praying hard that all is well.

Maggie

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus