Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thanks!

No, not a return. Just taking the opportunity to say thanks to you all for your kind comments and e-mails this week. A leaven to the thesis writer!

As some of you have expressed concern, my plan for now is to keep the blog where it is, in case we get nostalgic.

And, if you're up for it, come on down!:

With gratitude to God, the New Orleans

Province of the Society of Jesus announces the ordination to the presbyterate of

Jose Emilio Fetzer, S.J.

and

Mark Steven Mossa, S.J.

To be conferred by Most Reverend Joseph A. Fiorenza, D.D.

Archbishop-Emeritus of Galveston-Houston

on Saturday, the fourteenth of June, Two Thousand and Eight at eleven o’clock in the morning

Immaculate Conception Church

130 Baronne Street

New Orleans, LA

10 Comments:

Blogger IronKnee said...

Thank you for your efforts. The Catholic blogosphere has never interested me, but blogs like yours are very helpful and encouraging. Congratulations on your ordination, and good luck and God's blessings in everything that you do.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know I'll be there, sage in hand (LOL---kidding) Already have the plane tickets.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations again, Mark! I would like very much to be present in person for the celebration. Let me see if I can make a weekend in New Orleans happen.

9:14 AM  
Blogger DP said...

Congrats again!

And would love to, as Nawlinz is one of my wife's favorite places.

But multiple hours in a packed minivan with four child passengers, the eldest being 6 and a half...

Sorry--had a vision of purgatorial suffering there.

1:02 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Wish I could come - congratulations :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Estefanía Salazar said...

Deo gratias, Mark! I´ll look forward to whatever account (pictorial or written) you might do of the day.

Just a question:

Those of us who know you from before in the blogosphere should address you as Father from now on? Or should we use the Fr. just in "official" matters, e.g. mailings?

Many thanks!

Estefanía

http://sofiesverden.livejournal.com

10:34 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

I'd say address me in whatever way you're comfortable.

It'd be a little strange if people whom I am accustomed to calling me Mark started insisting on calling me "Father" all the time. But if that's what you/they prefer, I can live with it.

For people who knew me "before," however, Mark will still be fine.

10:47 PM  
Blogger DominiSumus said...

You will be in my prayers on this wonderful day.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Sr. Marianne Lorraine Trouve said...

Congratulations, Mark, on your ordination! I pray for God's blessings on you and your ministry.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Peter Nixon said...

Congratulations, Mark. The future of the Society is in good hands.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

God bless,

Peter

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus