Friday, March 23, 2007

Researching Inculturation in Africa



One of these days, I'm going to write about the year after undergraduate studies that I spent abroad as a Watson Fellow (1991-1992). But for now I hope it will suffice to introduce you to a current Watson Fellow who is studying inculturation in the Church of Africa, Michael Le Chevallier. Michael has a blog called "Mike in Translation," which chronicles his experiences. Here are a couple of his photos--one of him, and one of the Ugandan Martyrs' Shrine. There are some 50 or so current Watson Fellows pursuing a variety of research projects all over the world right now. And there are a couple of thousand former fellows doing all kinds of stuff all over the world! To my knowledge three of them are Jesuits: me, of course, one of my closest Jesuit friends, Tim Manatt, who will be ordained this summer in the Wisconsin province (sadly he's been studying theology at Berkeley, so I don't get to see him often), and one of the first year novices in my province, Sylvester Tan. I hope you will check out Mike's blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus