Thursday, January 05, 2006

An Oscar Nod for Jon Stewart

No, he wasn't in King Kong, or Memoirs of a Geisha. He's still just helming The Daily Show.

But the Academy has tapped him to be this year's Oscar host. As a fan of The Daily Show, and someone who never misses the Oscars, I must say I'm pleased with the choice.

But hosting the Oscars is not an easy gig--just ask Letterman--so we'll see if he can pull it off!

Stewart's reaction: "As an avid watcher of the Oscars," he said in a statement, "I can't help but be a little disappointed with the choice."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha! He's much funnier than Letterman so I'm sure he'll be great. Plus, he's suave. Very suave. Normally I only watch the Oscars if there's a movie I'm especially rooting for, but this year I'll be tuning in for sure.

12:35 AM  
Blogger Amy Giglio said...

I love Jon Stewart and I think he'll do a great job. His sense of humor isn't as quirky as Letterman's (uhhh...got some gum?)so I don't think Stewart will fall into the same trap. I really liked Chris Rock last year. I read that they didn't ask him back because some members of the Academy didn't like his skewering of them. While his comments were sometimes like a celebrity roast, I think that everyone needs to stop taking themselves so seriously.

9:50 AM  
Blogger the tentmaker said...

Off the topic:

I just bought a book by George Martin on the Gospel of Mark. Do you know him or his work?

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus