Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I'll Have a Ticket for King Kong, and a Dramamine


Got out to see King Kong tonight. A few changes, and a few homages to the original, but the basic plot is more or less the same. Peter Jackson was probably a bit too self-indulgent with certain scenes, making it a very long film. It's also very intense, but I liked it. A heart-warming story with a pretty serious body count!
A warning though: I'm not prone to motion sickness or vertigo, but by the end I was feeling a little bit of both. So if you have a tendency in those directions, bring the proper medication!

4 Comments:

Blogger Talmida said...

How odd, I felt the same thing in Jackson's LOTR. The scenes I particularly remember are the flight of stairs in the Mines of Moria, and the swooping panoramic shots of the pastures (prairie? veldt?) of Rohan. Just too much space altogether for my liking.

I've never tried dramamine though. Maybe I should for King Kong.

5:29 PM  
Blogger leonora said...

My heart was beating so fast during the spider pit scenes I thought I had just run a 5k.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

I've not seen it, but I don't have very high hopes - I mean, it's about a giant monkey. There's only so much you can do with it. The big monkey is either interesting, or not, I guess.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

Given that the original 1930s version was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I didn't have great expectations of this latest version. But I have to say, I thought it was very well done. Jackson honored the original by fleshing it out, I think. And I was tickled to see some of the original scenes... almost frame per frame. I agree that there were some over long scenes... but on the whole, I was riveted.

Lots of vertigo for me, too, by the way.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus