Friday, December 30, 2005

Greetings from New Orleans

I returned for the first time today to New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina. It's almost like being in a different city. Familiar neighborhoods appear as if I'd never been there before. Yet, there are signs of life. And the anticipation of more soon as college students return. I don't think New Orleans will ever have been so happy to see its students return! I gathered with my Jesuit brothers in formation these past few days, which is always a joy. Tonight, I'm off to support the New Orleans economy . . . Coffee and Beignets at Cafe du Monde!

More soon . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Prayers for all of y'all Mark. Look forward to reading your reflections. Peace.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to see a positive comment about a return. I realize that things may never be the same but the spirit will never truly leave New Orleans.

Maggie

12:20 AM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

I'm so glad to hear Cafe du Monde is still up and running!!

Last Sunday my fellow groovy sister candidate taught us how to make mandazi - African donuts. I couldn't help but think of the beignets my mom would make, all the while telling us about the first time she had them at cafe du monde. I never tired of that story.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus