Thursday, September 15, 2005

So It Begins . . .

Classes start on Monday, and it looks like it will be pretty interesting. Maybe some of you expect you would be bored to death, but I'm pretty excited about my schedule which includes courses on:

Foundations of Theology
Fundamental Moral Theology
The Catechism
Narrative Books of the Old Testament
First Corinthians

We also are anticipating the visit of members of the seminary visitation team in about five weeks. I can't say that I'm very encouraged by the initial reports. I'm not sure they're focusing on the right things. But that may be just what the media is reporting. I'll wait and see when I myself get a copy of the questions they'll be asking when they interview us.

Though I'm sure many of you are dying to know what I think about all this, I don't think it would be prudent, for a number of reasons, to comment about it on my blog. That's one discussion that will have to go one without me. Amy Welborn and Susan Rose both make some good points.

4 Comments:

Blogger jennstall said...

Those classes sound fun to me. I love to take classes and read and talk about stuff. It's the paper-writing I hate. Grades? We don't need no stinking grades. I wonder if they'll make me write papers if I become a nun? Oh dear.

2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, those classes look interesting. I also agree that I would rather not write papers on them!

Jennifer, when I was in undergrad at UCSC, we didn't get grades. Pass/No-Pass, with a narrative evaluation for Pass. But we still had to write papers.

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those classes sound wonderful!!! Enjoy!!!
AMDG,
Jenica

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Foundational was rough, lots of reading. Hope you get to read Ratzinger, such a page turner.

The Catechism is such a beautiful book. That should be a class you will enjoy.

Narative books of the OT, now that one sounds like it would be really interesting. My OT class is Next Semester. Can I borrow your notes?

only kidding.

My ethics class is really interesting.

Enjoy being a learning for a change after your years as the teacher, this will be so good for you.

Maggie

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus