Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Few Distractions


You may have noticed that I'm not posting with the accustomed frequency these days. I've got a few things going on this week. Besides continuing to try to connect with friends, colleagues and students form the New Orleans area, I also just moved. I'm now a resident of what some refer to as "The People's Republic of Cambridge." So, I'm trying to get my room set up, get to know the men I'll be living with this year, write my book and, maybe, I'll catch a bit of the Patriots season opener tonight. Could it be a three-peat? I also start classes in a week and a half, and orientation begins tomorrow. I'm excited about theology studies, but I do miss Loyola, the teaching and the students (the irony, of course, is that were I still at Loyola, I'd be in the same boat!). As I get settled, I will resume Saint Ignatius' autobiography, and maybe have some insights for you into life at Weston Jesuit School of Theology. And, if you plan to be in the Boston area, come visit!!

Peace,

Mark

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Were I going to be in the Boston area I certainly would. I loved being in Boston. If I ever get out of Gradual School I want to do a Post Masters Fellowship summer program at BC. A DRE friend did it and loved the entier Jesuit experience.


Maggie

9:44 PM  
Blogger Amy Giglio said...

Mark, you sound very busy. I can't believe you had the time to find that picture of the scary baby. Oh my. I'm sure he's going to appear in a dream. No doubt trying to influence my two year old to be tatooed and pierced.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Jen P said...

That is one scary baby. Do you think it's wise to have pictures of pierced infants on your blog? ;)

Enjoy your time in Boston -- someone you don't even know will be sending up prayers for you.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. I pray that you emerge from your studies a committed orthodox Catholic. We need faithful Jesuits.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Thanks anonymous!

While probably not everyone would agree, I think I'm already a committed orthodox Catholic. After all, I've been a Catholic for 38 years, I hope I've figured some of it out!

But I can always use prayers to be a more faithful companion of Jesus. That's a prayer I pray all the time!!

Peace,

Mark

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus