Sunday, September 30, 2007

Overheard in My Jesuit Community


So, me and one of my Jesuit brothers (who is also being ordained next Saturday) are sitting watching some college football about 10:30 on Saturday night.

Enter one of the recently ordained priests we live with.

"So, hey, this is your last Saturday night as a lay persons! You should celebrate!"

True, I think, but I wasn't really thinking about that. I was just thinking that it looks like Auburn is going to beat Florida (sorry Karen!).

"Hey thanks for the reminder" (as if the reality of it all isn't already hitting us hard enough!).

"Oh, look, what a play!!"

We go back to watching football.

And Florida did lose (sorry again, Karen). That might be celebration enough!

3 Comments:

Blogger testsjmg said...

While it's a cause of great joy in my household that Florida lost, it is marred by the bitter fact that Auburn won.

AMDG,

-J.

9:03 PM  
Blogger St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Congrats on the dwindling number of days remaining in the laity portion of your lives. May the other "half" be long and fruitful.

((imagine Vulcan hand sign here))

.\V/

6:23 PM  
Blogger testsjmg said...

"Live long and suprastate?"

;-)

-J.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus