Saturday, October 14, 2006

Not So Motivating

Well, a few of my friends have posted their entries for a motivational poster contest going on in the Catholic blogosphere. At first, I thought this might be kind of a fun thing to participate in. But then I went and looked at--admittedly only about half--of the entries in the "humorous" category. Now, I think I have got a pretty good sense of humor, but I can honestly say I didn't find any of them humorous--vicious, maybe, but not humorous. So, in that spirit, here's my "humorous" entry:




(and, just in case this is not clear, this is meant to be read satirically)

9 Comments:

Blogger Garpu said...

I love it! Oddly enough City of Heroes/Villains/Warehouses is doing a motivational poster contest, too. Since I mostly play with my fiancé, I was thinking something along the lines of "Because love means never having to say sorry for that lousy pull that wiped you both." But a lot of the things I thought about putting on a poster would be in jokes that wouldn't make sense to others.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Hmmm... I've missed out on the contest; yours is the first I've seen.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kiwi Nomad said...

Very good!
As a not-very-good-Catholic I find that especially in the blogosphere I have to mind my words. But the person who has done the most to help me back towards the Church was a priest I met earlier this year. He could see past my non-attendance. He drew attention to all the ways I am still "very Catholic".

2:52 PM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

I finally had time to track it down and make a poster... a tribute to one of my favorite bishops.

5:08 PM  
Blogger The Ironic Catholic said...

Excellent. I like it!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Blast!

I had a VERY funny one. It was funny-funny, and not mean, either.

Then one of my kids woke up early and the idea left me.

(Yes, this is probably God telling me something that I'm too dense to grasp easily.)

AMDG,

-J.

10:15 AM  
Blogger ukok said...

I concur with your observations, Mark.

8:25 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

I like it, Mark. Your poster and mine both have the same title :-)

4:23 AM  
Blogger Amy Giglio said...

lol

he shoots, he scores!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus