Friday, October 06, 2006

New Deacons, My Visit to Georgetown

Saturday, October 7 is diaconate ordination day here at Weston. Please pray for the Jesuits and Capuchins who will be ordained here in Cambridge.

I'm looking forward to the Mass, and am conscious of the fact that this means that my diaconate ordination is only a year away!

--------------------------------------------------

The Georgetown panel was interesting, though people didn't quite keep to their five-minute limit. So, when it came time for me to speak, I was asked to sum up what I was going to say in 30 seconds! It took some of the pressure off, but also had me wondering a little why I came all the way from Boston to do that!

But, alas, it wasn't for naught. Post-presentation I had a number of very good one-on-one conversations with people who had come for the panel. I even signed a few books! I was especially moved by one young man who is at Georgetown after having spent a year with the military in Iraq. Just war theory offers no easy answers when you're in the middle of a war! I wish I'd had more time to hear his story. And, maybe I will, he's interested in the Jesuits!

Happy Columbus Day weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Mark,

Will you be doing a repeat of your panel discussion at Weston, Cambridge, or BC by any chance?

12:34 AM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Jeff,

No current plans, but it might be an idea to look into!

Peace,

Mark

11:39 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

The idea of a man being interested in the Jesuits is great news indeed!

AMDG,

-J.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus