Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Pope Movie


CBS' John Paul II wasn't a masterpiece (a bit too episodic, the dialogue a bit hokey at times), but I have to admit that I did enjoy it.

As I got teary-eyed during a few of the scenes, it confirmed something that I've been suspecting lately--I'm still not quite over John Paul's death. As I find my theology studies challenging me, and setting me a bit adrift at times, I'm feeling the loss even more of the person who so long had been a constant in my faith life and experience of the Church.

I think Jon Voigt and Cary Elwes did pretty well with a very tough role.

(The Triangle was good too!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus