Monday, July 10, 2006

This Year's Model





Friends and strangers alike approach you, groups and individuals seek you out, asking you to stretch yourself to do things for which you feel totally unprepared—all because you are a priest. If history is any predictor of the future, I am sure that this group of new priests will experience the same sorts of shiftings, turnings, and unexpected ways in which they are asked to serve the Lord and his people . . . My hope and prayer for them is that when they approach anniversaries such as 25, 40, or 50 years of service, that they, with me, will be able to say "O God, what a life!" I hope, too, that they can add to that the words "Amen and Thank You!"



Get the skinny on this year's new Jesuit priests at Company magazine.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ad Mejorem Dei Gloriam said...

I beat you to it on last night's blog...hehehe
Hope your retreat went well.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

I've got my copy here at home!

And I can't wait to see you in the lineup!!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks, Mark! I love reading bios of newly ordained. What a promise of hope for the Church of today and the future!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus