Monday, April 24, 2006

Some Catty Star Trek Humor

Since blogger is driving us crazy today, how about a break for a little more humor, in the spirit of the announcement of the new Star Trek film.

Crystal posted this today. It's Data's ode to his cat, Spot:

Ode to Spot

Felis Cattus, is your taxonomic nomenclature,
an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature?
Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses
contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations,
a singular development of cat communications
that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection
for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.
A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents;
you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion,
it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.
O Spot, the complex levels of behaviour you display
connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend,
I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

2 Comments:

Blogger DB said...

Blogger has been acting mighty finicky for me as well. I've had problems with posting the last three posts on my blog.

I used to have a HUGE thing for Data - to the point of collecting and Con's and whatnot. Thankfully I am no longer 20 and a complete nerd. Now I'm 35 and an only slightly nostalgic nerd.

3:33 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Mark :-)

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus