Sunday, November 20, 2005

Those Darn Jesuits . . . Fr. Willie Garcia-Tunon, SJ



I was so pleased to see this article this week. I got to know Willie a bit during my year working in Florida. He's a great guy, great Jesuit and priest.

Miami sees strong witness to Jesus in young Jesuit

Miami, Nov. 14, 2005 (CNA) -

One of the most well-known and admired people in Miami has not gained popularity due to wealth or celebrity but from his commitment to witness to Jesus as the city’s youngest Jesuit.

Fr. Willie Garcia-Tuñon, 35, teaches philosophy and spiritually guides the students at his alma mater, Miami’s boys-only Belén Jesuit Preparatory School.

Read the rest here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great story of hope. :)

I noticed that you've linked our blog to yours. Thank you. It's always a pleasure to find another fantasy and science fiction fan among St. Blogs - and a priest-to-be to boot. Good company. ;)

Peace, Mark. I'll be watching.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oops, forgot to mention that I've returned the favor and linked you at Mere Catholics. :)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Wow! You picked up on that quick!

Thanks for stopping by and linking me!

Live long and prosper.

Mark

3:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, I think I just happened upon it on the right day is all. ;)

Just curious, how'd you find us? This are my first visits here.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

K,

Honestly, I don't know where I came across it. I have a habit of when I see interesting blogs, bookmarking them, and then periodically I add a bunch of those I've bookmarked to my blogroll. But I was glad to find you!

Mark

7:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Shiny!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Aaahh, WHAT?

Is that some kind of Canadian slang or something? Something you say while eating Kraft Dinner?

:)

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus