Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Lying in Wait


Sorry for lack of posts these days. I managed to mess up my back on Sunday, which has laid me up for a few days. There is some consolation in having an excuse not to go to class, but I think I'd rather be going to class then lying around all day--it's boring, and I'm not really able to get any school work done without falling asleep. One thing that is nice about such times, however, is the generosity of my community members in checking up on me, and doing what they can to help (when I let them, I'm not so good at being helpless). It's also nice to have some company, rather than being home alone all day. This has happened a couple of times before, and it's usually a good three days before I can get back on my feet. So, please pray for me, that I will be up and about in a couple of days, that I won't fall too far behind and that I can still get all the writing done that I was planning to do next week during the Thanksgiving break.

One other benefit of such times: It's a chance to catch a few movies. I've seen a few these days that I'd missed before:

Dummy, a cute romantic comedy about a guy who decides to follow his dream of becoming a ventriloquist, starring Adrien Brody-his follow up to The Pianist.

After the Sunset, a clever and diverting heist movie starring Pierce Brosnan, Woody Harrelson and Salma Hayek.

A Life Less Ordinary, a weird and dark romantic comedy starring Ewan McGregor and Cameron Diaz.

I'd probably rank them 1-3 in the order I wrote them.

Well, hope there's something else interesting on tonight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I know a little about bad backs.

Hope you feel better soon.

I will have to check out the Adrian Brody movie, my oldest daughter loves him.

Maggie

11:30 PM  
Blogger Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Ugh. Get better soon! (That's in the imperative, not the subjunctive moods ...).

FYI, the Carolina-Clemson game will be televised on ESPN2 on Saturday. Some special deal. Only in South Carolina however. Better than having to shell out twenty five bucks, for sure. GO GAMECOCKS!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
I hope you get better soon. It's nice to see your comunity in action...

1:35 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

oh, poor guy :( i am sorry you are laid up.

if you could use a movie suggestion or two?

**Master & Commander (one of my all-time faves)

**Batman Begins - brooding, dark, pretty cool though

**Boondock Saints - a little, *ahem*, rough around the edges, but i think you'd appreciate certain aspects of it

**Millions - about a little boy who has conversations with the Saints that appear to him, and especially in light of him coming into a large sum of money; some content a bit suggestive, but i'd still recommend :)

those are all the "guy" movies i can think of. if i were closer, i'd deliver some chicken soup. i have it on good authority that it has restorative value :)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus