Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bear With Me, Prayers Appreciated

I've been trying my best to post every couple of days lately, but you may see a drop off in the coming weeks. You see I'm simultaneously trying to pack--I leave New Orleans tomorrow--and trying to finish my preparations for a series of talks I'm giving at the International Institute for Clergy Formation in New Jersey next week. I head to Manhattan tomorrow where, believe it or not, I will get some relief from the noise here (they are renovating my house and workmen are everywhere, banging everything!). Please pray for the success of my talks. I will be speaking to priests and deacons about ministry to young Catholics--six one-hour talks! I will be officially homeless for the summer, as this is officially my last full day of living in this community, and I can't move into my new community in Cambridge, MA until after Labor Day. The Jesuits at Holy Cross in Worcester, MA will be offering me their hospitality this summer while I write a book and do some ministry work in my hometown. Please pray for my writing as well. I've been wanting to write a book on the spiritual life for young adults for some time now and I finally have my chance!

I hope to return to my regular posting schedule after the Institute is done on July 2.

Peace,

Mark

7 Comments:

Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Safe travels!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My prayers go with you as you go on your homeless way.

I am envious. You get to write and I get to study.

be safe. Know you will be in our thoughts and prayers daily.

Maggie

6:13 PM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

I'll keep you in my prayers - and hope all goes well.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Sean Salai, S.J. said...

Good God, I've never spoken for an hour on any topic. At least you'll have six chances to get it right. :)

Good luck Mark!

9:58 PM  
Blogger andrea said...

May all go well...and hurry back. I've been enjoying your reflections on Ignatius.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Jason Brauninger said...

Hey Mark,

Good Luck this summer. Hope things go well while you are writing your book and living on the streets. You will be in my prayers.

Peace In Christ,
Jason Brauninger

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes Mark! Pat et bonum,

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus