Tuesday, May 01, 2007

OK, Sopranos Fans . . .


Did you see this week's episode?

I couldn't help but notice some serious time discrepancies in it. Tony was betting on NFL football and on NBA Basketball (the seasons don't coincide). The weather was much better than it would probably be during football season. In fact, AJ's girlfriend was riding in a convertible when she met him at the Puerto Rican Day parade, which takes place in June, when neither basketball nor football is being played. So, either the episode took place over the period of several months, or something fishy is going on . . . Thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Nguyen said...

I thought this was a disappointing episode. It just doesn't make sense to pull a gambling addiction out of nowhere.

I HOPE it's not another dream sequence, LOL.

11:36 AM  
Blogger David said...

Not having seen the show, I can say that the NBA and NFL do conincide from early November (start of NBA) to early February (Super Bowl).

4:11 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Yeah, but the weather was too nice for that time of year.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Mark: Global warming.

I liked the episode. I just assumed that we haven't heard a lot about Tony's gambling because he hasn't had enough of a losing streak before for it to be important. Also, as he pointed out, he has lost Vito and guys aren't bringing in what they used to, etc.

I loved the scene where he yelled at Carmela for "losing" money on the bet.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They do play basketbal into June because the playoffs now take forever. I think the basketball season is the longest of them all.

Not being a Sopranos fan I wouldn't know. Sorry. I am too busy keeping up with Heroes and The Riches for anything else.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus