Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Jim Martin-Palooza


I don't know if you've noticed, but in the world of religious media and commentary, Jim Martin has been almost as ubiquitous (I love that word!) as TomKat (who, in case you haven't heard, have a baby girl named "Suri" [of course!]). Today, Martin was quoted in The Washington Post and also weighs in on Opus Dei in this week's Time magazine. He had an op-ed in The New York Times, and was interviewed on NPR and in The Boston Globe. Could it be he has a new book out? Well, it just so happens he does, and it's pretty darn good. It would make a great graduation gift for your favorite Catholic graduate! And, yes, Jim's a friend of mine, but, trust me, I wouldn't be promoting it if I didn't think it was good stuff. The more objective critics like it too! So, buy a copy of My Life With the Saints for your Catholic graduate and, while you're at it, why not get one for yourself!

[Hint: Go to the Amazon page for Jim's also excellent In Good Company, and you can get both together at a reduced price]

8 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Clio said...

Thanks for the Amazon link, but I'll be buying mine at Maple Street Books!

Anyway, glad to see you plugging for the team!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just before Easter someone came into the bookstore and bought 10 copies to give as gifts. This book has been flying out the door and the sisters who have read it love it. I get to read it next!

6:06 PM  
Blogger ~pen~ said...

ohhh, mark!! i had this book in my hands when i was at borders less than two weeks ago.

next time :)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

I haven't gotten to this one, but the book he edited on devotions is a great read.

AMDG,

-J.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm reading it and I love it. I read "In Good Company" when it came out. You're probably not surprised to hear that.

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS BOOK. Truth be told, I thought I was done reading saint stuff but this book just blew me away - a MUST read. check out his podcast at www.spiritedtalktoday.com He is really funny.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Hmmmm . . .

You think that last "anonymous" commentor might have been Jim Martin himself?

LOVE THE BOOK, MUST read, he is really funny . . .

What would Ricoeur say?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

I was given Lives of the Saints as a gift over Easter -- haven't read it yet, but this pushes it up the "too read" list!

"In Good Company" rocks!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus