Tuesday, July 26, 2005

A Trip Down MEMEory Lane

Karen has tagged me with the following questions:

What were you doing ten years ago? I was beginning work as Coordinator of Youth and Young Adult Ministry at Saint Peter's Catholic Church in Columbia, SC. Doing classwork for my uncompleted PhD in English at the University of South Carolina. Starting to do some freelance writing for The New Catholic Miscellany, the newspaper of the Diocese of Charleston. I was invited to be a facilitator for the Loyola Institute for Ministry's Columbia, SC learning group, and made my first ever trip to New Orleans for training. Picked up a brochure on the Jesuits at Loyola's campus ministry office while there. Turned 28.

What were you doing five years ago? I'd just finished my first year of Philosophy studies at Fordham University, and spent the summer in Bolivia studying Spanish. Turned 33.

What were you doing one year ago? Lots of proofreading! I spent the summer in New York City working as an intern at America magazine. I went to an old friend's wedding in Brooklyn, brought a date (my sister). Saw a couple of shows. Wrote some stuff for America and Busted Halo. Turned 37.

What were you doing yesterday? Working on writing my book for Saint Anthony Messenger Press. Prayed. Read a couple of chapters in Father Joe. Exercised. Watched the not-so-great "Out of Time" starring Denzel Washington and Eva Mendes (but at least she's cute!), plus some welcome comic relief from John Billingsley. Posted a couple of things to my blog. Still 37 for a few more weeks.

Let's see, who can I tag?

How about . . . Sean and MamaGiglio.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha... I knew it. I knew there couldn't be 11 million bloggers and not a Jesuit among them. I subscribed to a Pubsub.com feed of "Fordham" and found this post. Nice to find you. I graduated CBA '01.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Charlie,

That would put us there at the same time! I was there from 1999-2002.

Happy to be found. As we say in the Southern province (me, not so much because I'm from Massachusetts): Y'all come back!

Peace,

Mark

4:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting Mark -- it's been ten years since you were at St. Pete's? Yikes. Just FYI, it's not longer the "New Catholic Miscellany." Apparently, the newness has worn off -- it's just the "Catholic Miscellany" now ... :)

12:22 AM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

G-

I noticed that when I looked up the link. But in the interest of accuracy I thoughted I'd leave it as it was. It was still "New" when I was writing for it!

Safe trip and success in India!

Peace,

Mark

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus