Sunday, July 03, 2005

A Burst of Applause

Last night I joined a packed house at the Ziegfeld theater in New York City for a showing of The War of the Worlds. The applause at the end was restrained (the movie was just OK, and in the end fell kind of flat), and did not match the loud burst of spontaneous applause which came even before the movie started. The object of this great show of enthusiasm was the trailer for Peter Jackson's King Kong. I've never seen a trailer receive such a response! Let's hope the movie lives up to it! Personally, I was much more enthusiastic when they showed the trailer for The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, but I managed to contain myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus