Friday, April 15, 2005

Planned Parenthood Clergy?

While surfing TV channels I stopped on C-Span (or something like that) which was broadcasting a speech by a Methodist minister receiving an award. Turns out it was a Planned Parenthood breakfast being held for their "Clergy Advisory Board." I guess I'm naive, but I never imagined that such a thing could exist. It left me feeling a bit nauseous. This, especially, when the minister accepting the award said that he would have found himself just as fulfilled if he had dedicated his life to Planned Parenthood rather than to the Methodist Church. If Christ had a grave, I think he'd be rolling over in it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Cork said...

When I was a Lutheran seminarian, my internship supervisor was on Planned Parenthood's board. He passed out invitations for their anniversary bash at a deanery meeting one day. About half of us skipped.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus