Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Post-Finals Meme

Now that I've completed all my semester's work, I have time to post this meme, from Karen:

Accent: Generic Northeastern, with a touch of Boston.
Chore I Hate: Mowing the lawn
Dog or Cat: Dog
Essential Electronics: Laptop Computer
Favorite Cologne(s): L’Eau Jesuite
Gold or Silver
: Silver.
Hometown: Worcester, MA
Insomnia: Rarely
Job Title: Jesuit Scholastic/Seminarian
Kids: Love ‘em, but none of my own (there’s this matter of a vow)
Living arrangements: I live with 7 other men in an old convent.
Most admirable trait: Mine? Or in general? I strive for humility, one of the most uniquely Christian virtues, and admire it in others.
Overnight hospital stays: Once, in an oxygen tent when I was about 5. Not sure what for.
Phobias: Mild fear of heights
Quote: See above—there’s two.
Religion: Roman Catholic
Siblings: Younger sister, younger brother.
Time I wake up: Depends on the day, when I have class, what time I went to bed, etc.
Unusual talent or skill: I can watch a few seconds of most movies (even ones I haven’t seen), and figure out what movie it is.
Vegetable I refuse to eat: Olives
Worst habit: Forgetting to turn the oven off.
X-rays: Yes. But the ultrasound I had a couple of weeks ago was far more interesting.
Yummy stuff I cook: Chicken Curry, Baked Ziti, Alfredo Pasta, Penne a la Vodka, Corn Chowder, Frozen Pizza, Banana bread, Oatmeal Scotchies.

Tagging Steve & Susan

11 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Another olive-phobe! Excellent! (And people scoffed we had nothing in common...HA!)

AMDG,

-J.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're making me hungry listing all that great food! Good stuff.

Peace.

9:41 PM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

mmmm... baked ziti!

i played.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Okay, first of all, you need to know why you were in an oxygen tent at age 5. Ask your mother. Second, frozen pizza does not count as something you cook. And you and Joe would probably be surprised to know that Santa used to put olives in my stocking instead of candy. And not as punishment!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is there also a Mark Massa, SJ? I was reading Commonweal yesterday (might not have been the latest issue--I forget), and the author kept quoting and referring to a Mark Massa, SJ. At first I thought it was you, until I noticed that the last name was consistently spelled MAssa instead of MOssa. Just curious...

10:15 AM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Olives in a stocking . . . hmmm.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't resist, Mossa:

Yeah, um...olives aren't vegetables, they're a fruit.

Of course, I'm not keen on olives, either.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

scratch that last comment!

The "Mark" who commented on my version that mushrooms aren't vegetables is another Mark! I just noticed!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Natty,

Yes. He's my "long-lost cousin," at least that's what we tell people.

There's mention of him in a post below.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark,

*Doh!* Tells you how closely I've been paying attention, huh?

*blush* Thanks for the redirect!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Steve Bogner said...

Got the tag and answered it!

Olives - I LOVE olives!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus