Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Angry at Others, Angry at God, Angry at Yourself

Some think it wrong to be angry, especially at God! But as I often tell directees, if you're angry at God, at least God knows you're paying attention to your relationship! There's a lot to be learned from our anger. In the last two days, I've read two wonderful reflections on the good and bad sides of anger, please have a look:

From Kalanna at Mere Catholics: "It's sort of a new feeling for me. Have you ever admitted to being angry with God? Six months ago, I would have never even thought it possible, much less admitted it . . ."

and Penni at Martha, Martha: "you know i will be the first to admit when i have acted like, for lack of a better term, an asshole. i am here to tell you i behaved thusly today."

Thanks to both ladies for some nice, honest Lenten reflections!

2 Comments:

Blogger god googler said...

LOL at these reflections. I would say that there are things in the world that we SHOULD be angry about--like poverty for instance. Our loving God sometimes demands our anger for these things. What do we do with that anger is another question.

As far as being angry with God, I think I have been terribly angry with Him many times. I have to keep in mind His love for me and the words of Mother Teresa when she said "God never gives me anything that I can't handle...I just wish he wouldn't think so much of me."

3:59 PM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

The times I was angriest at God were the times I was closest to God. Anger is a pretty intimate emotion! Or as my pastor told me at the time ... it's hard to be angry at someone you don't believe in!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus