Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hey, Thanks.


The Catholic Blog Awards nominations are finally out.

Thanks to all who nominated You Duped Me Lord (and me -- am I my blog, is my blog myself?) for Best Blog by a Seminarian.

I'm also excited to report that several of my friends from the blogosphere, who stop by from time to time, have also been nominated.

Amy Welborn, of course, in multiple categories.

Maureen Martin and Dale Price for Most Humorous Blog.

Dale is also nominated for Best Blog by a Man.

Steve Bogner for Most Devotional Blog.

Susan Rose for Best Blog by a Woman.

Fr. Jim Tucker for Best Blog by a Priest or Religious.

Now, I'm not telling ya who to vote for, but do check out their blogs!

You can vote until next Tuesday, and apparently you can vote once every 24 hours.



Thanks again.

(and thanks also to CyberCatholics who endured even dial-up to get this up and running!)

10 Comments:

Blogger DB said...

Congratulations! You've got my vote (and a link on my main web site)! Good luck!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Claude Muncey said...

Well, it looks like you are out to a strong start.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Congrats, Mark! Make the Jesuits proud!

God bless, Maureen

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro, it says I've already voted. Does this thing automatically vote for you if I only visit your blog? If so, then I'm glad to support you. If not, I want a recount.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Hey Anon!

I don't think it should say you already voted. Unless you share a computer with somebody that may have already voted.

They are supposed to reset every 24 hours, so maybe you'll have to wait until tomorrow, or write to the sponsors. In any case, thanks for the vote!

Peace,

Mark

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck Big Brother - Mirror Mirror on the wall - Whos the most intellectual of them all?

10:18 PM  
Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

great to have the company of a bloggy friend among the nominees.

Congrats!!

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm all for you, Mark, but I hardly see the point in voting for Dale Price, who seems to me to represent nothing more than an angry, disappointed, sad person's way of looking at life...

3:43 AM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

In defense of Dale, though he might not care to admit it, he has mellowed in the last year or so. His posts are far less angry and negative than they were when I first met his blog (Indeed, way back when I was the subject of one of his attacks!). I'd venture to say that he is also less angry than a number of other Catholic blogs out there. Since then, I've got to know Dale more personally via e-mail correspondence, in which he is personable, gracious and not angry. But I understand your reaction. And, like I said, I'm not telling you who to vote for.

But I would ask if you'd be nice enough to say a prayer for Dale, he's having a bit of a tough time right now.

Peace,

Mark

9:41 AM  
Blogger Claude Muncey said...

I have to chime in here on Dale as well. We have only had a few exchanges in comboxes, once on my blog. In those cases he was quite respectful, and very open to discussion and correction. Sorry to hear he is having a rough patch. Prayer will follow.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus