Sunday, July 17, 2005

Our Seminarians, Young Brothers and Young Priests

I'm a member of the New Orleans Province of the Jesuits, where we are blessed to have a good number of newer members these days. Last I knew, had eleven men approved to enter our novitiate in August. Jesuit formation is grace-filled, but lengthy (I have been a Jesuit eight years, and will be ordained a priest three years from now). We can always use your prayers for perseverance, and for the variety of ministries we have an opportunity to do during our formation process.



I thought you might enjoy seeing a photo of me and my brothers. This is all our men in formation plus those who have been ordained in the last five years. I'm up top, in the center. (The picture is a little small, but you get the idea)

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I've never seen that many Jesuits in clerics! Of course, if there were only two in the picture, I could say the same thing. But seriously, thanks for that!

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point Karen! Hilarious. No seriously, what a beautiful picture. Marvin is indefatigable in finding me who are willing to give the SJ a try.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm copying the picture and then I am going to print it out and put it in my liturgy of the hours book so I will remember to pray for you all every morning when I do my office of readings. Which I am humble enough to admit I have remembered to say every morning for two weeks now. Some sort of record for me. I probably jinxed it now.

I agree with Karen. so many Jesuits in clerics, it must be a record.

Maggie

6:00 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good idea, Maggie. I'm going to do that, too. Maybe I'll put it on the bulletin board in my office, and maybe that will remind me to open my book, too! I brought it to the office, since I'm never at home, but that seemed to make me think that I was off the hook. The same way I think a person should lose ten pounds just for paying to join the gym.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Thanks, everyone, for your support. I appreciate it, and I assure you my brothers will as well!

Mark

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The content of this site is the responsibility of its author and administrator, Mark Mossa, SJ, and does not necessarily represent the Society of Jesus